Mark Land, PE, CFM
Mark is a Principal in the firm of Snyder & Associates, Inc. and is a licensed Professional Civil Engineer and Certified Floodplain Manager with more than 27 years of consulting engineering design and project management experience. Snyder & Associates, Inc. has over 275 employees in twelve offices throughout the Midwest. As Vice President, Mark works closely with the operations team including Human Resources, IT, Marketing, and Accounting. He is also the Business Unit Leader for the Ankeny Environmental Business Unit. Mark oversees stormwater, wastewater, drinking water, and environmental sciences in this role.
Iowa Floodplain and Stormwater Management Association (IFSMA) is an organization of professionals whose members are involved in floodplain management, flood hazard mitigation, stormwater management, the National Flood Insurance Program, flood preparedness, warning and recovery.
IFSMA represents the interests of flood hazard specialists from local and state government, consulting engineers, research community, insurance industry, and the citizens of Iowa. IFSMA's members have skills and experience in the fields of engineering, hydrologic forecasting, community planning, enforcement, emergency response, water resources, and many others.
The core of our organization's purpose is to positively promote flood risk education throughout the state of Iowa, focusing on the following five main objectives:
- Increase awareness of the role floodplains play in conveying floodwaters and flood risks to structures that are built in the floodplain.
- Increase participation in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
- Increase participation of NFIP communities in the Community Rating System (CRS)®.
- Increase the number of Certified Floodplain Managers (CFMs)® in the state of Iowa.
- Increase membership in IFSMA.
(515) 964-2020, e-mail