Bolton & Menk, Inc.
Des Moines, IA United States
Are you a Planner looking for an opportunity to serve multiple communities? Bolton & Menk, a regional consulting engineering firm, has an opportunity for a Community Planner to join our Planning & Urban Design Group in our Des Moines office with a focus on serving our municipal clients. Now is your opportunity to work with a Top 175 employer in the State of Minnesota with GREAT benefits!
What you will be doing:
In this role you will provide support to other Planners and Project Managers for services related to municipal planning; transportation planning; comprehensive plan development; and land use analysis and impacts. Planning projects will vary with emphasis on land use and zoning, ordinance development, comprehensive plans, small area and master plans, transportation, parks and trails, or environmental review.
You will work independently with municipal clients on planning and zoning studies, development review and ordinance updates, and collaboratively on larger projects with multi-disciplinary teams
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Urban and Regional Studies; Urban Planning; Geography; Public Administration or other applicable discipline from an accredited college
- One (1) or more or more years of planning experience or internship equivalent
- AICP Certification or the ability to obtain certification is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of comprehensive planning for municipalities
- Experienced in citizen involvement techniques and processes
- Thorough Knowledge of urban planning and development and local government policies and procedures
- Experience researching methods and statistical principles related to urban growth and development
- Applied knowledge of methods and techniques of effective technical report preparation and presentations
- Ability to work well within a team atmosphere
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Travel will be required.
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients in the Upper Midwest with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow’s leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms and is a Top 150 Workplace in Minnesota. With over 600 employees and 24 offices in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, North Carolina, and South Carolina, there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/careers/
We're Social! Connect with us on Twitter @BoltonandMenk or on Facebook at BoltonandMenk
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.