City of Ankeny
Ankeny, IA United States
The City of Ankeny is accepting applications for the fulltime position of Senior Planner in the Community Development Department.
Under general supervision, independently performs varied and responsible planning work including performing research, preparing and presenting reports; and, managing complex planning projects. Serves as the City’s Floodplain Coordinator and performs specialized professional and technical work toward development and implementation of the City’s Floodplain Management program. Interprets and ensures compliance with National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) requirements. Ensures proactive City participation in the Community Rating Service (CRS) Program.
- Bachelor's degree in urban planning, landscape, architecture, public administration or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four (4) years experience in professional land use planning work typically performed in public agencies. One (1) year of professional level experience in floodplain management preferred.
- Certification by the American Institute of Certified Planners preferred.
- Certification as a Floodplain Manager (CFM) by the Association of State Floodplain Managers (ASFPM) within one year from date of hire.
- Shall be able to maintain a valid motor vehicle operator's license issued by the State of Iowa.
Starting salary is $32.29 - $37.38 per hour, depending on qualifications, plus excellent benefits.
Hours: 8 am- 5 pm, Monday - Friday
Applications must be received by Sunday, April 25, 2021. Interested individuals should apply online at www.ankenyiowa.gov/jobs and attach a resume and cover letter expressing interest and qualifications. Pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
To advance in the hiring process you must pass a civil service exam to be administered to all qualified applicants. Additional information will be emailed on Monday, April 26,2021. Please check your email (and junk email) for testing information.