City of Waukee
Waukee, IA United States
This internship will be required to work weekdays
May - August, with occasional nights and weekends.
The Planning Intern, under general supervision, assists in a number of tasks including review of development applications and writing of staff reports, research and drafting of ordinances, special research projects and general code compliance enforcement.
(Order of Essential Functions does not indicate importance of functions.)
- Assists in the development review process including review of zoning requests, subdivisions, plats and site plans.
- Assists with the preparation of staff comments and correspondence with various property owners, engineers and architects.
- Assists in the administration of applications for variance, special use permits, special exceptions and related matters for action by the Board of Adjustment and Board of Appeals including the preparation of agendas, written reports with recommendations for action, meeting publication, notification to adjacent property owners and record and file action taken.
- Investigates violations related to property maintenance and building codes and observes conditions during inspections issuing notices for corrections to persons responsible for conformance.
- Performs other duties or assumes other responsibilities as apparent or assigned.
- Undergraduate student having completed at least two years of study, majoring in Community and Regional Planning or closely related field.
- Previous work, internship or classwork experience in planning, land development and/or construction trades.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite, e.g. PowerPoint and Word.
- Must possess a valid Iowa Driver’s License and meet the requirements of the City’s motor vehicle policy.
Application Deadline is 02/03/21 at 11:59 PM